Public Finance Banker
United States – Available Nationwide
Public Finance Bankers are responsible for providing knowledge, expertise, and financing options to fund public improvement projects. You will work with local, state, institutions of higher education, and other tax-exempt securities to help raise the capital necessary for improvements.
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Market Alamo Capital to potential clients and build deal flow.
- Find potential clients, get to know them, and then pitch for a deal when the time is right.
- Build network through cold-calling, in-person meetings and attend conferences and other political events.
- Respond to Underwriting and Investment Banking Services RFPs (Requests for Proposals) or RFQs (Request for Qualification). (While most RFPs/RFQs have standard questions, most have unique questions specific to their credit and needs).
- Perform debt modeling and financial analysis including credit and debt capacity analysis for solicited and unsolicited RFPs or RFQs.
- Prepare and assist in the development of client presentation materials.
- Train public finance assistant in how to draft RFPs/RFQs.
- Train assistant on how to use Word and Excel to properly set ups RFPs/RFQs.
- Attend client meetings and oral presentations.
- Participate in all stages of transaction execution, from pitch to closing (i.e. attend kick off meetings, due diligence meetings, review & edit bond documents, manage project flow with client, counsel and financial advisor, provide market updates to client, generate or assist in creating a term sheet (talking points) for sales desk, set up deal in DTCC, order CUSIPs, ensure successful pricing through coordination with underwriter and finance team, coordinate between DTCC and clearing agent and provide management with gross/net profit analysis).
- Update Alamo Capital’s historical deal list, including integrating Lippy’s worksheet with the Master Sheet.
- Monitor WBE opportunities and apply for local WBE certifications.
- Assist compliance department with their compliance with regularity changes in the municipal industry.
- Respond to Broker/Dealer RFPs and RFQs.
- Train rookies on how to respond to B/D RFPs and RFQs.
- Assist other public finance bankers in their needs to succeed with their duties.
SIE, Series 6, 7, 63 preferred, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, Meeting Sales Goals, Phone Skills, Financial Planning and Strategy, Informing Others, Proactive, Prospecting Skills, Business Knowledge
To apply, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please include: your name, phone number, position you are applying for, best time of day to reach you, and your resume.
Alamo Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Alamo Capital is a Broker/Dealer Member FINRA, SIPC and BBB A+ Rated.